Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Japan departo theme song

Last class, we've discussing some about brand should have its slogan/logo/song which could lead customers to have it brand pop up in their mind suddenly when see/hear/think of something related. Like one of our student's example that when you're thinking of "what should we eat today?" suddenly you think of "MK", or when you're thinking of "what should you do (dou suru?), "Ifuru" pops up in your mind.

Try visiting Jusco, Gran de pot, K's denki, or even Yamada denki when you do your next shopping, and try listening to their theme song/melody. I've come to notice that I could hear their theme song/melody, everytime I visit. I'm not sure whether these brands would pop up in my mind before one another when I wanna go shopping, but I think many kids memorize these songs and persuade their parents to visit the ones their like indirectly by humming those songs/melodies

1 comment:

  1. I agree that jingles are very effective way to keep the brand in the customer's mind, or make some connections between the brand and the customers. I realized that convenience stores tend to have shorter jingles, compare to drug stores or grocery stores. I think this is because the average time the customers spend in the store is different. It is all about their strategy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete