Tuesday, February 15, 2011

iPhone or BB or Both?



It's very usual in Thailand within these couple of years that you can hear people keep talking and comparing what to buy between iPhone or BB, many of them end up with buying both.

BB users always tell non-BB users that "look around you, you will see 90% of people around you using BB", and you will love to have one too in order to join BBM (one chat software of BB users to BB users only). BB has created its own private community, so non-BB users feel that they're not counted in groups among friends.

iPhone users always tell non-iPhone users that "you can't listen to music, take nice photo, play unique application and games. I'd love to share you this songs/pictures/games but unfortunately you don't have iPhone". iPhone has creatd an unique position for its creative application. iPhone users can feel that they're more updated and technology leaders among friends.

I ended up with buying both. I found iPhone very useful to me in variety of ways but 90% of people around me convinced me to buy BB as well. So when I want "to connect to social", I stick with my BB, when I want "to enjoy things alone", I stick with my iPhone. Anyone has the similar experience?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, actually I am the one who's convinced (pressured) by people around to buy BB. At first I didn't feel like I want to have one at all but after number of people using BB around me had been increasing, I had to ask myself "Should I have one too? Is it that good? What is so good about that?"

    I think one of the best strategy to persuade people is to make people feel "scare of not having" or " if you don't have it, you will hardly belong to a group"

    Simply say that, do you still remember your feeling of not having some kind of toy while your friends have it, when you were young?

    ReplyDelete