Friday, January 21, 2011

Language is No Barrier


I don't read much kanji, so I never knew the name of this product until I searched it a few days ago - Kameda's Kaki no Tane. It's a Japanese rice cracker and peanut snack. When I tried it the first time a few years ago, I instantly loved it and would usually keep a small stash in my room. I like the taste, and the way it is packaged in small quantities. It's a tasty and convenient snack.

It took me years to figure out how to call it, but whenever i see that red and orange package with the tiny cartoon, I know I found my snack.

1 comment:

  1. I also experienced that same feeling here in Japan. I have never lived in Japan before. All items in supermarket can cause me a lot of trouble and time consuming.

    Normally I drink milk every day and I can't distinguish the different between all brand on shelf. So, I just memorize the color, and packaging design. No need to care for reading Kanji (^^,)

    ReplyDelete