Monday, January 24, 2011

I hate Starbucks, but I have to drink it.. I love Kaldi's, but I can rarely find it

Yes, as I said in the title.

I hate Starbucks. I don't like the taste of any Starbucks coffee at all and the price is too high. However, Starbucks is the only coffee shop appeared in front of me everywhere, every time I need coffee and I have no other choices.

I love Kaldi's coffee. I love its taste and the price is very reasonable compared to the quality.However, I usually hardly find Kaldi's shop, especially at the time I need coffee. And sometimes when I asked people around if there's a Kaldi's coffee, the answers were always like;

"I don't know Kaldi's but if you want coffee, there is a Starbucks over there."

I realized that 'location' and 'availability' are also important factors driven a strength of brand. Somehow it's rather important than brand royalty, especially when apply to food and drink kind of products.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, you are right. actually i like Starbucks, and its everywhere. After long shopping or work its just wonderful seat quietly and drink your coffee.

    P.S: have you seen new Starbucks logo? Personally i think old one looks better.

    ReplyDelete