Friday, January 21, 2011

Brands I Love/Hate

A brand I hate is Apple. While I was in class thinking about this post, I realized my disdain for Apple isn't all for the reasons I thought. I always said I hate Apple because 1) Apple products are ridiculously over-priced & 2) Apple is not as innovative as people would like to believe it is. I could go into detail about why I say this, but we can save that for another time.

What I realized in class is that I don't like Apple because of a lot of Apple customers. I say “a lot” because I don't hate all Apple customers. If you want more detail, we can discuss it another time. On a more positive note:

As far as a brand I love . . . I may have to return once I figure it out. (I was hoping I'd figure it out in the past few days) I like Samsung because my computer monitor in my home apartment is a Samsung. I think that is because it went with the first computer I assembled and I have a close connection with that. I also like Honda because when I think of Honda, I think reliability. Honda is the first car that comes to mind when someone says he/she is thinking about buying a new car.

I like a lot of brands, but am unsure of what my favorite is.

-Q. Thomas

2 comments:

  1. Totally with you on Apple here. I still do not understand why people keep buying these products no matter what.
    Apple as a company is way overvalued. I heard a story about how Steve Jobs treats his interns which made me to loose all respect for that person. Will be interesting to see the development of the company with his departure, though.
    Having said that I have to admit that I never owned Apple products since they never triggered enough excitement to pay such a huge premium. May be MacAir is an exception, but from the rational perspective had to stick with more powerful traditional laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Kenwood Corporation is a Japanese manufacturer of amateur radio as well as Hi-Fidelity and portable audio equipment. The reason I hate Kenwood is the first CD player that I bought when I was junior high school student was broken within two years. I expected much longer durability than two years. After that I have never bought any Kenwood's products, and even it's out of my choice.

    My second music player was Sony's. It has been lasting nine years and still working well. It was bit expensive, but I became loyal to Sony because of the durability and quality of the products.

    ReplyDelete